STRAWBERRIES AND FRUIT DIPJanuary 12, 2022
PEAR AND VANILLA GIN FIZZJanuary 27, 2022
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 40 minutes
- 6 eggs
- ¼ c. cream
- 1 ½ c. grated cheese
- 1 gluten-free pie crust
- 1/2 red onion, sliced in rounds
- 6 shitake mushrooms – sliced thinly
- 1 potato
- 2 Tbsp Kawartha Spice Caesar Cocktail Rim
- 1 carrot cut in rounds
- 8 cherry tomatoes
- 3 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tsp salt, or to taste
- 3 Tbsp green onions
- pickles – cucumber and onion (optional garnish)
- sesame seeds (optional garnish)
Preheat oven to 325 F
- Cut potato in rounds and boil in hot water for 10 minutes. Drain and let cool.
- Beat eggs with cream, add Kawartha Spice Caesar Cocktail Rim, and salt to taste.
- Heat oil over medium-low heat. Sauté onions and mushrooms. Let cool.
- Sprinkle cheese to cover bottom of pie crust.
- Add cooled onions, mushrooms, potatoes to egg mixture – allowing all to cool prevents eggs from starting to cook. Add salt to taste.
- Sprinkle green onions, then top with remaining cheese.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes.
- Sauté carrots and tomatoes in 1 Tbsp olive oil over medium-high until softened and slightly charred.
- Sprinkle sesame seeds on carrots and tomatoes.
Recipe tested by Kawartha Spice Co. * photo of Quiche by Kawartha Spice Co. * Product Photo by thefoodstudio.ca